More on my previous post about Corporal Scott.
I found a cool drawing by Fredric Remington for the 21 August 1886 cover of Harper’s Weekly (p. 529) entitled, “Soldiering in the Southwest–the rescue of Corporal Scott.”
I found it in the Library of Congress’s catalog which is a wonderful resource for images that of national interest.
- Title: Soldiering in the Southwest–the rescue of Corporal Scott / Remington.
- Creator(s): Remington, Frederic, 1861-1909, artist
- Date Created/Published: 1886 August 21.
- Medium: 1 print : wood engraving.
- Summary: Two soldiers rescuing Corporal Scott, a black man who was shot by Apache Indians.
- Reproduction Number: LC-USZ62-97957 (b&w film copy neg.)
- Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on publication.
- Call Number: Illus. in AP2.H32 Case Y [P&P]
- Illus. in: Harper’s weekly, 1886 Aug. 21, p. 529.
- Bookmark This Record:
Leave a Reply